While Shopify offers many features and benefits for entrepreneurs, circumstances might arise where you decide to close your Shopify store and delete your subscription. Thankfully, this can be done in a few simple steps. Whether you’re moving to another platform or taking a break from e-commerce, this article will guide you through the process of deleting your Shopify subscription.
Before you proceed, however, you may want to create a backup of all your store data. This includes product information, customer details, orders, and any other essential data. Shopify provides an option to export this data in CSV format, which can be easily accessed from your store’s admin dashboard. This backup ensures that you retain valuable information even after closing your store.
Once you’ve backed up your data, follow these steps to delete your store and cancel your subscription:
- Go to account.shopify.com/store-login.
- In the admin login page, click your profile icon next to the Shopify logo.
- Click “Manage Account”.
- Next to the “Login service” section, disconnect any devices connected to your Shopify ID.
- Click “Security” on the side menu bar.
- Scroll down until you see the “Two-step authentication” section and turn it off.
- Scroll down to where you see “Devices” and log out of your devices by clicking the blue link at the top that says “Log out all devices”.
- Go back to your admin login page and enter your credentials to access your admin dashboard.
- On your admin dashboard, go to “Settings” at the bottom of the side menu bar.
- Click “Plan”.
- Click “Deactivate store”.
- Click the “Deactivate store” option on the pop-up window.
- Give Shopify a reason as to why you’re canceling your subscription.
- Click “Continue”.
- Enter your password.
- Click “Deactivate store” to complete the process.
Can you delete your Shopify subscription without deleting the store?
Because Shopify’s services are only available to store owners with a subscription, you cannot operate a store after you cancel your subscription. When you cancel your subscription, your store will be paused, and you will no longer have access to the features and services offered by the plan you were subscribed to. However, your store’s data and settings will be retained, and you can reactivate your store by resubscribing to a plan at any time.
Is there a cancellation fee for Shopify?
Shopify doesn’t charge a cancellation fee for ending your subscription. When you cancel your subscription, you will only be charged for the current billing period.
Can you cancel your Shopify subscription at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your Shopify subscription at any time. Shopify operates on a month-to-month basis, which means there are no long-term contracts or commitments. If you decide to cancel your subscription, you can do that through your store’s admin dashboard following the steps mentioned above.